Virtual Reality Coaster Coming to Six Flags
Six Flags is teaming up with Samsung to blend real roller coaster rides with virtual reality. Riders will strap on a Samsung Gear VR headset and then ride the coaster as usual. Instead of seeing a real life view, riders will experience a totally new 360 degree ride inside the headset.
There are two versions of the ride planned – New Revolution Virtual Reality Coasters and SUPERMAN Virtual Reality Coasters. Revolution will immerse riders in a futuristic battle to save planet earth from an alien invasion. SUPERMAN riders will get what they think is a leisurely tour of Metropolis until things take a surprising turn thanks to the evil of Lex Luthor.
Here is where you can find the new Revolution rides:
- Shock Wave at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, opening March 10 to Season Pass Holders as a special sneak preview;
- Dare Devil Dive at Six Flags Over Georgia outside of Atlanta, opening March 12 to Season Pass Holders as a special sneak preview;
- The New Revolution at Six Flags Magic Mountain near Los Angeles, opening March 26 to Season Pass Holders as a special sneak preview;
- Ninja at Six Flags St. Louis in Eureka;
- Steamin’ Demon at The Great Escape in Lake George, New York and
- Goliath at La Ronde in Montreal.
Here is where you can find the new SUPERMAN rides:
- SUPERMAN Krypton Coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio;
- SUPERMAN The Ride at Six Flags New England in Agawam, Massachusetts; and
- SUPERMAN Ride of Steel at Six Flags America in Upper Marlboro, Maryland
The wireless VR headset is secured with three straps – one around the head, one over the head and a chinstrap, along with a safety lanyard. There will be no additional fee for using the headset and it is an optional accessory.
Read more at: https://www.sixflags.com/national/vr/overview