Fandango: Star Wars Has “Obliterated” Records
The long-awaited “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” has blasted to the top of Fandango’s Fanticipation movie buzz indicator with a rare 100 out of 100 points. As Fandango’s top advance ticket-seller of all time, “The Force Awakens” has obliterated records, outselling all previous titles in the company’s 15-year history at the same point in the Fandango sales cycle. Fanticipation scores (based on a 1 to 100-point scale) are calculated via an algorithm of Fandango’s advance ticket sales, website and mobile traffic, and social media engagement.
According to a survey of more than 1,000 “Star Wars” moviegoers on Fandango:
- Among the new “Star Wars” characters, Rey (Daisy Ridley) is the one that moviegoers are most excited to see in “The Force Awakens.”
- 90% are looking forward to J.J. Abrams’ vision of the “Star Wars” universe;
- 86% say the film’s carefully-guarded story secrets have increased their interest;
- 84% are particularly excited to see the new female leads in “The Force Awakens;”
- 82% are even more excited to see “Force Awakens” because “Empire Strikes Back” and “Return of the Jedi”’s Lawrence Kasdan co-wrote the screenplay.
Get the LATEST news, updated 24 hours a day, at www.mygeeksnews.com!